You might have probably been on a diet or two at some point in life and wondered why after trying either you gained the lost weight back or just can’t stick to the “diet” given to you by your nutritionist.
Here are 10 reasons why diets don’t work and the lies your typical nutritionist tells you!
1. “Let me give you a diet plan.” While this is a typical dialogue, what it really means is, “Let me give you a set of rules that you can’t follow for the long run.”
2. “Just follow the MyPyramid or MyPlate.” This is a typical sign that your nutritionist is not catering to your personal needs and is following bookish knowledge that is obsolete.
3. “You should be having a said amount of calories per day.” What it really means is, “I calculated your daily caloric intake, using soft wares from the internet that I can’t justify and have applied formulas that put the whole human race in a predetermined box.”
4. “I am so glad you are finally losing weight!” While the poor client might be losing body water, muscle or maybe even starving himself to please his nutritionist, they fail to mention the real method of measuring fat loss!
5. “Just follow the diet and walk a few times a week.” A very cliched answer to all fat loss related problems. Every individual is different and none should be treated in the exact same way!
6. ” Don’t have whole eggs, only egg whites!” This is the worst way of keeping your patient running in circles. Yolks are amazing sources of both protein and vital nutrients. Have them!
7. “You want to lose weight? Let’s put you on a low-fat diet.” What amateur nutritionists don’t know is that fat is ESSENTIAL for vital systems in our body and is as important as protein.
8. “Have many small meals throughout the day to increase your metabolism.” What? Wrong! If the metabolic system were this simple then we all would be lean and skinny.
9. “You should be having 60% of your calories from carbs.” While this might work for leaner individuals, it does not work for every human being. You are unique and so are your body requirements!
10. While many nutritionists preach they don’t practice. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Choose a health care provider who leads a lifestyle you desire or even eats the things he/she recommends you to consume!
Have anything else you want to add to the list? Comment below! Want to know the real answers to all of these 10 points? Stay tuned.